All 400 Series ionization smoke detectors include a unique dual source, dual unipolar chamber detection design which will sense the presence of smoke particles produced by fast combustion as well as slow smoldering fires. This chamber exhibits increased stability, significantly reduces nuisance alarms, and provides better performance at higher air velocities.
The 400 Series meets the performance criteria required by UL/ULC. Additional key features include an LED which blinks in standby and latches on to indicate an alarm. Detectors feature convenient field testing and sensitivity metering. The model 1400 includes remote LED annunciator capabilities using the RA400Z.
- 4 Wire, 12 volt operation, ULC Listed
- Removable cover and insect screen for easy cleaning
- Visible LED blinks in standby, latches on in alarm
- Twist-on mounting bracket with tamper option
- Dual unipolar chamber design
- Field sensitivity metering of detector to meet NFPA 72 requirements
- SEMS screws for easy wiring
- Sealed against dirt, insects, and back pressure
- Base included