The 260-CO carbon monoxide (CO) detector is an accurate and reliable means of alerting building occupants of potentially dangerous levels of CO in the protected area. The internal electro-chemical sensor communicates with a sophisticated on-board microprocessor that accurately tracks CO levels over time.
This commercial-grade detection technology results in quick response, reliable sensing, fast reset time, and superior false alarm immunity. Its small size allows the 260-CO to blend inconspicuously with any decor, and its smooth contoured design is compatible with both residential and commercial environments.
Unaffected by normal indoor temperature variations, the 260-CO automatically adjusts for environmental changes and operates reliably under a wide variety of conditions. It also monitors its own performance and compensates for sensitivity drift throughout the course of its service life.
The 260-CO features the SafeTest functional test feature, which facilitates testing with real CO gas. SafeTest meets the functional test requirement in NFPA 720, 2009/2012 editions.
Like all CO detectors, the 260-CO has a limited service life. But unlike most, which last only six years, the 260-CO’s advanced sensor features a service life rated at 10 years. When it approaches this point, the 260-CO’s end-of-life timer automatically triggers a warning that indicates the device must be serviced. This warning annunciates at the detector, as well as at the control panel, and optionally at a remote monitoring station.
An integrated temporal-4 sounder provides local signalling capability for the 260-CO, and it easily interfaces with any intrusion or fire alarm system by means of its output relay. Its low current draw results in little additional demand on the system power supply.
- 10-year end-of-life signal
- SafeTest feature - functional test with spray of real CO gas
- Advanced electro-chemical sensing technology
- Wiring option activates sounders of all connected detectors when any one of them goes into alarm
- Deep housing with plenty of room for wiring
- UL 2075 compliant
- Transmits sensor end-of-life to the supervising panel and central station if the system is monitored
- CO sensitivity conforms to UL 2034 requirements
- Built-in trouble/power supervision relay
- Self-diagnostics keep the device operating optimally throughout its service life
- 12 or 24VDC operation and 150mA Form C relay
- Large SEMS terminals ease wiring installation 14 to 22 AWG
- One-touch TEST/HUSH button simplifies local operation
- Integrated 85 dBa temporal-4 sounder for local notification
- On-board LED provides local alarm and trouble indication
- Inconspicuous footprint and attractively contoured design
- Adapter plate simplifies replacing 240-COe detectors (250-COPLT)
This is the direct replacement for the discontinued 250-CO. Also replaces the 240-COe.