The TOA 9000M2 Series Digital Matrix Mixer/Amplifiers redefine the conventional mixer/amplifier category by combining a modular matrix mixer, digital signal processor (DSP) and amplifiers in a compact, two rack space package. The versatile new series is ideal for multi-zone paging, music distribution and room-combining applications. The 9000M2 Series models include dual and single channel amplifiers with high or low impedance outputs plus a matrix mixer-only version.
All models allow for easily configured, custom systems with up to eight mic/line inputs and eight outputs. Each 9000M2 Series chassis has two channels of built-in DSP with ten band parametric EQ, compressor, eight-level ducking and more. Input and output modules include additional DSP.
A new integrated operating mode provides powerful functionality for both simple mixing and complex multi-zone paging applications. Features include telephone zone paging, automatic microphone mixing and ambient noise control.
Programming the 9000M2 is easy via the front panel or using the convenient new GUI programming interface (Windows™ XP/Vista), which allows fast configuration and upload/download of all settings.
Modules include the D-001T dual channel mic/line input module; D-001R dual line input module; T-001T dual channel line output module; AN-001T Ambient Noise Control module. ZP-001T telephone access zone paging module; C-001T control expansion module; & the new RC-001T and RS-485 Controller module.
Accessories include the AN-9001 ceiling/wall-mount microphone; ZM-9001, ZM-9002, ZM-9003 remote panels; plus the New ZM-9011, ZM-9012, ZM-9013 & ZM-9014, and RS-485 remote panels.
The 9000M2 Series products are UL and cUL Listed and backed with TOA’s five year product manufacturers warranty.
- Modular digital matrix mixer/amplifiers for a multitude of applications including audio-visual, zone paging, room combining and many more.
- Enhanced GUI programming interface for PC configuration and uploading/downloading of settings using RS-232 connection. Includes setup wizards and firmware upgrade utility.
- Exceptional Audio Quality: 24-bit, 48 kHz sampling; Ultra-Low Distortion – 0.0008%
- Modular Mixer – up to 8 mic/line inputs and 8 outputs
- Dual Channel Digital Signal Processor (DSP) on Input & Output channels: >10-Band Parametric EQ; High and Low Pass Filters; Bass and Treble; Loudness; Compressor; Gate; Ducker; NOM (Automix); Delay (Output channel only); 34 TOA Speaker EQ Presets (Output channel only); DSP included on 9000 Mainframe Outputs, D-001T, D-001R and T-001T modules
- Single or Dual Channel Power Amplifiers - high impedance (70.7 V, 25 V), low impedance, wide range of power ratings
- Flexible Output Power - dual channel models allow up to 50% of either amplifier channel to be allocated to the other channel (A-9060DH and A-9120DH) (Ex. A-9060DH: CH1 90W, CH2:30W)
- Flexible, Integrated Operating System (Mixer + Paging Matrix):
- Mixer functions along with simultaneous Priority Paging Matrix activation, each with 32 presets.
- Scene memory (x32) contains all mixer (non-priority) settings
- Paging memory (x32) contains global (static) input settings, independent Xpoint assignments, paging trigger & paging output levels for all high priority (1, 2 & 3) inputs.
- Both scene & paging memories are stored in a single template along with remote assignments, security lock and other global functions
- Mixer & Paging functions are independent and mixer (scene) settings will not affect Paging (event) functions.
- Multiple Input Priority Modes sets priority order when multiple inputs with the same priority level and output assignment are broadcast:
- First-In-First-Out (FIFO): input that occurs first is broadcast
- Last-In-First-Out (LIFO): the most recent input is broadcast
- MIX: all inputs are simultaneously mixed and broadcast
- Voice Operated (VOX) paging activation with adjustable threshold/sensitivity and gate release time
- Stereo Link—control two inputs or outputs with one volume control
- Mixer Out / Power Amp In Patching Loops (A-9060DHM2, A-9120DHM2) for connection of external processor(s)
- Balanced Line Output(s) - two: M-9000, one: A-9060SM2, A-9120SM2, A-9240SHM2; expandable with T-001T dual line output modules
- Software Utility for saving unit parameters to PC, updating unit firmware, virtual control activation and status indication
- Keylock Security sets password-protected access to prevents access to Input, Output, Utility & Power functions
- Alphanumeric Input/Output Channel and Memory Naming
- Detachable IEC-type AC Cable
- Two Remote Volume Control Terminals
- Four Control Inputs — programmable to activate Paging/Scene Memory, Volume Up/Down (Input or Output), Mute (Input or Output), Power On/Off, Emergency Mute, Sync On/Off (expandable to twelve with C-001T module).Works with optional ZM-9003 or custom contact panel
- Four Control Outputs (open collector) programmable to activate external relays (expandable to twelve with C-001T module) synchronized with
Event/Scene Memory, Channel On/Off (Input or Output) and Power On/Off.Works with optional ZM-9003 or custom contact panel.
- RS-485 Remote Controllers:
- ZM-9011 Single-gang assignable 4-button controller with LED status indicators
- ZM-9012 Single-gang assignable Volume Controller with LED level indicators
- ZM-9013 Dual-Gang assignable 8-button Controller with LED status indicators
- ZM-9014 Dual-gang assignable 4-button controller with LED status indicators, plus assignable Volume Controller with LED level indicators
- RS-232 serial port:
- Allows upload & download of programming templates and firmware upgrades as well as real-time control of various parameters.
- Control protocol available
- AMX and Crestron control modules available
- Output Power: 1 x 120W @ 25/70V, 4/8 ohms
- Audio Input:
- Maximum 8 channels, modular construction (modules optional)
- Power amplifier input 1, 2: 0 dBV, 10k Ω, RCA pin jack
- Audio Output:
- Preamplifier output 1: 0 dBV, 300 Ω, unbalanced, RCA pin jack;
- Preamplifier output 2: 0 dBV, 600 Ω, balanced, removable terminal block(3pins)
- Speaker output: Removable terminal block (7 pins); Direct: 120W, 4 Ω, unbalanced; Transformer: 120W, 8 Ω, 25V and 70V balanced
- Power Bandwidth: Direct: 20 - 20,000 Hz, 0.02% THD; Transformer: 50 - 20,000 Hz, 0.5% THD
- Frequency Response: Power amplifier section: 20 - 20,000 Hz, +0, -1 dB; Analog input module to speaker output: 20 - 20,000 Hz +1, -3 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Power amplifier section: 0.0008% (22 kHz LPF, 1 kHz, rated power); Analog input module to speaker output: 0.008% (22 kHz LPF, 1 kHz, rated power)
- S/N Ratio:
- At input short, 20 - 20,000 Hz, ALL FLAT or OFF setting
- Output volume minimum: 90 dB (preamplifier output)
- Output volume maximum: 61 dB (preamplifier output, input 1 volume: 0 dB, other inputs: OFF)
- Power amplifier section: 110 dB
- Crosstalk: Over 64 dB at 20 kHz
- Tone Control: Bass: +/-12 dB (at 100 Hz), Treble: +/-12 dB (at 10 kHz)
- Parametric EQ 10 bands, Freq: 20 ~ 20,000Hz, 31 steps, Various range: +/- 12 dB, Q: 0.3 - 5
- Speaker Equalizer: 15 (presets for TOA speakers)
- High-pass Filter: -12 dB/oct, Variable frequency range: 20 - 400 Hz, 14 steps
- Low-pass Filter: -12 dB/oct, Variable frequency range: 4,000 - 20,000 Hz, 8 steps
- Compressor: Depth: 1 - 5
- Delay: 0 - 40 ms (1 ms steps), maximum 40 ms (CH1 + CH2) (Mix mode only)
- Scene/Event Memory: 32
- Auxiliary Function: Key lock function
- Control Input/Output:
- RS-232CC, D-sub connector (9P, female)
- Control input: 4 inputs, no-voltage make contact input, open voltage: 3.3V DC, short-circuit current: under 1 mA, removable terminal block
- Control output: 4 outputs, open collector output, withstand voltage: 27V DC, control current: 50 mA, removable terminal block
- Remote volume: 2 channels, connect a 10k Ω/linear taper variable resister or 0 - 10 VDC, removable terminal block
- Power Source: 120 V AC, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 150W
- Operating Temperature: 14˚ to 104˚ F (-10˚ to 40˚ C)
- Operating Humidity: 35% to 80% RH (no condensation).
- Finish: Panel: aluminum, hair-line, black; Case: surface-treated steel plate, black paint
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 16.54” x 4.24” (3.5”w/out feet) x 13.98” (420 x 107.6 x 355 mm)
- Weight (without modules): 28.66 lbs. (13 kg)
Note: The A-9120SM2 is the direct replacement for the now discontinued A-9120S. The 9000M2 series is the next generation of the 9000 series amplifiers. All 9000 series modules and components are compatible with the 9000M2 mixer/amplifiers.