The DA-550F power amplifier utilizes advanced digital technology to provide multi-channel high power outputs. Featuring high efficiency amplifier topology, the low impedance version DA-550F is ideal for various installed sound applications. The lightweight construction and compact dimensions of the DA Series allows for easy placement in virtually any venue, as well as for use in stacked configurations as required. Each amplifier is equipped with low-noise constant speed fans for adequate cooling and designed for ultra-reliable long-term operation with multiple independent power supplies that ensure uninterrupted operation even if a channel fails. Redundant protection circuitry monitors amplifier status and protects the amplifier and system in case of problems.
- 4x 550W (4 ohms) / 350W (8 ohms)
- 2x 1100W bridged mode (8 ohms)
- Class D design - 85% efficient
- 30% lower power consumption than conventional amplifiers
- Compact, single rack-space design
- Stack up to 5 units without open spaces between units
- Lightweight (8.8 kg, 19.4 lbs.)
- Independent power supply for each channel
- Low heat dissipation
- Recessed stepped attenuators
- Comprehensive protection circuitry
- Removable dust filters for easy maintenance
- Five year manufacturers warranty
- High-efficiency amplifier topology: TOA's proprietary amplifier topology achieves approx. 85% efficiency in AC mains to output power conversion. The high-efficiency, compact design operates at much lower temperature levels eliminating the need for large heat sinks.
- Amplifier design optimized for installed sound applications: The DA-550F is specifically designed to produce high power with high efficiency. Along with switching mode power supplies, the amplifiers also offer the high power advantages of Pulse Width modulation (PWM) which requires much smaller power supply voltage than conventional amplifier designs.
- Easily accommodates high power requirements: Can be conveniently bridged (Channels 1/2 and 3/4 bridgeable), increasing the output from 550W into 4 channels up to 1100W into 2 channels.
- Versatile enough for any venue: Is well-suited for a wide variety of installed sound requirements. The DA-550F proves ideal for sound reinforcement in multi-zone applications such as presentation and press conference rooms as well as restaurants and similarly sized locations.
- Compact and lightweight: The powerful yet compact DA-550F amplifier occupies two standard rack spaces and weighs only 8.8kg (19.4 lbs) allowing flexible installation options. For complex installed sound applications, amplifiers can be stacked together, requiring only one perforated airflow panel between every 5 units. The amplifier is also equipped with dual low-noise constant speed fans to ensure adequate cooling in demanding environments and extend operational reliability and service life.
- Enhanced reliability for trouble-free operation: The DA-550F amplifier has been overengineered to provide long term operation under demanding conditions. Fully independent power supplies for each of the 4 amplifier channels enhances reliability and allows uninterrupted operation in the event a channel should fail. This is a significant advantage in remote installations where service access may be difficult. Each unit also incorporates TOA's no-compromise build quality to minimize any problem as well as comprehensive protection circuitry.
- Comprehensive protection circuitry: Advanced protection circuitry monitors voltage, current and thermal levels and disables output to minimize potential damage from overloads, short circuit, DC offset or overheating.
- Control cover eliminates tampering: Each amplifier includes attenuator security covers to prevent control settings from unauthorized adjustments.