The TOA DP-L2 Digital Ambient Noise Controller is the easy, automatic solution to the problem of keeping BGM and announcements audible and understandable when the ambient noise levels at an airport check-in counter or boarding gate, or a shopping mall, restaurant or pub, are higher because a large number of people are present. Furthermore, the DP-L2 also works to keep music and information audio from reaching levels that are irritating to customers and staff when the surrounding ambient noise levels are not so high.
Automatic and accurate input and output sound level adjustment: The DP-L2 is a digital audio processor with an ambient noise control (ANC) function that makes automatic changes in its output sound levels depending on the amount of surrounding noise, and an automatic level control (ALC) function that automatically adjusts the input signal level so it is appropriate at all times. BGM and announcements remain audible and understandable at all times, with no annoying loudness for customers and employees.
Output excluded from ambient noise sensing: The ambient noise sensor microphone enables accurate measurement of BGM/announcement listening-area noise levels. In addition, for complete accuracy, a DP-L2 feature exclusive to TOA automatically separates the unitís own output from the calculation of the ambient sound level, instead of just mixing all sound sources together, meaning that the output is not detected as noise. Additionally, a monitoring feature makes it possible to check the sound collected by the ambient noise sensor microphone.
Easy, quick installation and simple operation: The DP-L2 fits on a standard 1U size rack, so there is no time-consuming, complex installation procedure. All functions can be easily set from the unitís front panel, thanks to an LCD (liquid crystal display), keys and knobs. A key-lock function prevents accidental incorrect frontpanel key settings, and there are also front-mounted LED meters for input/output signal levels, as well as ALC and ANC levels.
- Digital ambient noise control (ANC) function with 4-LED metering automatically adjusts output gain to match changes in ambient noise levels
- Exclusive TOA algorithm distinguishes unit output sound level from ambient noise levels, for more accurate control
- Monitor output for sound picked up by the ambient noise sensor microphone
- Automatic level control feature with 4-LED metering maintains input signal at a constant level by adjusting input signals to appropriate levels when the sound level is too low
- Sound volume is controlled without losing nuances of speech or compromising background music sound quality. This prevents unnatural sound effects that often results when using conventional Automatic Gain Control (AGC) or compressor
- Maximum Output function acts as a limiter
- Sensor input reference level fine adjustment function
- Sensor input phantom power
- 8-LED input and output level metering
- Auto input sensitivity setting and sensor input reference level measurement function
- Front panel LCD screen, keys and knobs ensuring easy access to all settings
- Built-in key lock function prevents unauthorized adjustment
- Standard 1U-size (44.5mm/19-inch) with rack-mount hardware included
- Five year manufacturers warranty