The TOA E-232 is a dual-channel 14-band, 2/3-octave equalizer, designed to provide clean and accurate audio equalization for permanent installations. The E-232 provides 6dB or 12dB of boost or cut at each of its 14 frequencies, all of which are centered at ISO 2/3-octave increments from 40Hz to 16kHz. The E-232 comes with active bandpass/bandreject filters that are designed for minimum phase shift. Slide controls feature a precision-calibrated linear scale, noiseless operation, and
center detents for easy and accurate adjustment. Filters are summed in parallel for reliability, so that the failure of one filter does not interrupt operation of the others.
A unique feature of the E-232 is the ability to set the boost range and the cut range independently on each channel. A switch for each channel selects 6dB or 12dB for the boost and another for the cut. For example, ranges of 6dB boost and 12dB cut can be set on one channel and 12dB boost and 6dB cut on the other. The 6dB positions spread the adjustment over the full boost or cut portion of the sliders’ travel. This, along with the calibrated linear scale, allows precise, repeatable adjustments to fractions of a dB in spite of the unit’s one rack size. This feature also allows accurate matching of the equalization between the left/right channels in stereo program systems.
A continuously variable highpass filter offers an exceptionally wide control range. The highpass filter has a slope of 12dB per octave and is variable from 15Hz to 300Hz. An EQ In/Out switch and an automatic EQ bypass function (in the event of an AC power loss) provide a complete signal bypass of the unit. An output muting circuit suppresses turn-on/turn-off transients.
The input level control has a ±12dB adjustment range, to allow for a wide variety of input levels/sources. An LED indicator monitors both input and output levels and illuminates when either comes within 3dB of clipping. The inputs and outputs are unbalanced and utilize terminal strip
connectors and 1/4" phone jacks. High-quality, low-distortion input and output transformers providing 30Hz-20kHz response (±0.15dB) are optional, and installation requires no soldering.
A security cover is included with the E-232 to guard against disturbance or tampering. The E-232 occupies one standard EIA rack space.
- Two channel 2/3 octave graphic equalizer.
- ± 12 dB input gain control and high pass filter.
- 14 filters on ISO 2/3-octave center frequencies from 40Hz to 16kHz.
- Continuously variable 6dB or 12dB of boost or cut at each center frequency.
- High-quality, minimum phase shift active filters.
- Noiseless center-detent slide controls with precision-calibrated linear scales.
- Continuously variable highpass filter with wide control range.
- EQ In/Out switch for manually bypassing equalizer.
- Automatic EQ bypass circuitry in case of AC power loss.
- LED peak indicator monitors input and output levels, for proper gain structuring.
- Variable input level control allows a variety of input levels and sources.
- Security cover is included.
- Five year manufacturer warranty.