TOAís MP-1216 Multi-Channel Monitor Panel is an active device featuring aural and visual monitoring of up to sixteen channels for any combination of speaker and line level audio circuits. By linking two MP-1216ís up to 32 channels may be monitored.
The unit may be located away from the equipment, allowing remote monitoring of system levels. It requires only standard, light gauge audio cable for connection to points in the system to be monitored, whether they are speaker or line level.
The MP-1216 is highly useful for monitoring signal levels in any system with multiple channels of line level feeds and/or amplification. This is particularly true when equipment provides, at best, only clip indicators or where there is a variety of different types of indicators-all calibrated to their own "standard" level. This can present a very confusing "level picture", even to trained operators.
A major feature of the MP-1216 is that there is a 12 segment LED meter for each input. The meters are active at all times so that all levels can be simultaneously monitored. The meters are calibrated for 0.3W to 1,200W for 8 ohm speaker circuits and -30dB to +6dB (ref 0.775V, 0dB = +4dBm = 1.23V RMS) for line level circuits. Each input is bridging, transformer isolated and can accept signals from high or low impedance speaker or line level circuits.
Each input has a separate screw terminal for each type of input. This provides positive, hardwired, reliable connections with no input switches to misadjust or fail. Because of the transformer isolation and high impedance inputs, by connecting one channel to a patch bay jack, any audio signals in the patch bay can be safely monitored - even mic signals (although usually only at low aural levels).
Each individual input channel can also be aurally monitored through a high quality internal speaker or headphone jack. A front panel selector switch is used to select the channel to be monitored and an output level control adjusts the listening volume. Beneath each channel meter is an indicator to show the channel selected for aural monitoring. The monitor circuit provides up to 3 watts output to the internal speaker. When headphones of 8 ohm or higher impedance are used, the internal speaker is automatically disconnected.
Two MP-1216ís can be linked in a Master/Slave configuration using the optional link cable (YA-8) and the rear panel Link switch to select the operation mode. In this way up to 32 channels can be monitored. The Master unit provides the selection and control of aural monitoring for both the Master and the Slave. When in Slave mode, the unitís Select switch is disabled and the LED indicator above the selector switch is extinguished.
- Simultaneous visual monitoring of up to 16 audio signals with a 12 segment LED meter for each channel.
- Simultaneous monitoring of 32 channels by linking two MP-1216ís (using a YA-8 linking cable).
- Each input accepts signals at line level or from any type of speaker circuit (low or high impedance).
- Transformer isolated, bridging inputs do not affect circuits to be monitored.
- No input switches: A separate screw terminal on each input for each input type for permanent, reliable connections.
- Individual aural monitoring of each channel, using an internal speaker or the headphone jack. Indicator light for channel being monitored.
- Volume control and selector switch for speaker and headphone control.
- Back panel switch for Independent, Master or Slave operation modes with a front panel indicator showing the selected mode.
- Master unit controls selection and volume for aural monitoring of all 32 channels for linked units.
- Calibrated meters for meaningful, relative signal level indications.
- Occupies only 2 rack spaces.
- Sixteen transformer isolated, bridging inputs.
- Separate bar graph meter for each input.
- Accepts line level, 4 ohm, 8 ohm, 25 V, 70 V and 100 V speaker line signals.
- Rack-mount ears included.
- Five year manufacturers warranty.