The PC-580RU and PC-580RVU are designed to fill the need for a high-performance, cost effective ceiling speaker for use in Mass Notification Systems, Voice Evacuation, Emergency Paging, and everyday Paging and Background Music requirements. The PC-580RU and PC-580RVU speakers meet UL 2572 (ULC S541, UL 1480 UUMW) and UL 2043 standards when using the HY-BC580U Back Can.
- 8” in-ceiling round speaker for high-quality paging applications
- Cost effective design makes this speaker ideal for projects requiring large quantities
- 25V & 70V transformer taps up to 5W
- Fits standard ceiling-speaker template (PC-671R and others). Perfect for retrofits
- UL 2572 (ULC S541, UL 1480 UUMW) and UL 2043 standards. Certified to work with emergency announcement systems
- Unique "monocoque" design provides better structural integrity
- PC-580RVU version provides a centre-grille volume adjustment potentiometer
- Optional UL-rated HY-BC580U stackable back-can for flush-mounting in ceiling plenums. Unpainted back-can flush mount also available, BB-580, for plenum spaces or in-wall mounting, no UL certification. Q-HY-TB2 Mounting channel available for mounting back cans in tile ceilings
Note: The PC-580RU and PC-580RVU speakers only meet UL 2572 (ULC S541, UL 1480 UUMW) (Fire Alarm Signalling) and/or UL 2043 (use in air handling spaces) certification(s) when using the HY-BC580U back can.