Enhancing conference setups by providing effective and highly efficient communications, TOA offers the TS-800 Series Infrared Wireless Conference System.
This new system is composed of compact and lightweight Chairman/Delegate units, and can be expanded to accommodate up to 64 units. This system offers many advantages that include full infrared wireless capability, which eliminates cabling and improves performance over other transmission systems as well as making installation easier. Coverage can be adjusted for a good match.
TOA's exceptional infrared wireless technology provides improved security from eavesdropping as well as prevents annoying crosstalk. In addition, this system offers the flexibility to easily be configured to meet the conferencing requirements of different rooms and varied participant numbers. Offering exceptional sound quality for amplification as well as clear recording quality, this system flexibly accepts audio input from a wired microphone or other sound source and is equipped with two different microphone types. The audio input can also be provided from a wired microphone as well as other sound source. For extra convenience in use, the system may be operated using battery or AC adaptor.
Increased versatility for the user is also provided with additional features such as the Chairman unit featuring a priority speech key for conducting conferences more smoothly and efficiently. There is also a "speech system selection function" to prevent speaker confusion. Some of the other notable new features include a "speaker restriction function" to prevent interruptions (one, two or four persons), an "Auto Mic-Off function" to prevent a mic being inadvertently left on, and the "installation status checkup function" for at-a-glance confirmation.
- Improved security using infrared communication Using infrared wireless communication provides more resistance to radio interference and eavesdropping, as well as enabling simultaneous systems use in adjacent conference rooms without annoying crosstalk.
- Easier installation: A wireless communication system eliminates connections between conference units. The installation process is simpler and quicker to complete without having to deal with cabling arrangements.
- Single coaxial cable connection: The central unit and Infrared Transmitter/Receiver unit connects simply just using a single coaxial cable.
- Flexibly adapts to suit conference layout and number of participants: Up to 64 Chairman and Delegate units. Wireless and easy-to-relocate features optimize system use for conferences that could require layout and participant number changes.
- Compact and light Chairman/Delegate units: The compact housing integrates microphone, monitor speaker, talk key and speech indicator in an attractive design. When the unitís Talk key is pressed, the Microphone indicator lights up to indicate speech acceptance mode is entered. For easier storage, the microphone is simply removed.
- Clear sound amplification and recording: The Chairman/Delegate units include a built-in monitor speaker to allow the speaker to be clearly heard from the seated position. For archiving purposes or for preparing conference minutes, recording equipment can be connected to the Central unit to produce highly intelligible recordings with exceptional clarity.
- Selectable power supply system: Both Chairman and Delegate units can operate on built-in rechargeable lithium-ion batteries (for approx. 10 hours) or AC power supply. The battery charger is able to fully charge up to 8 lithium-ion batteries at a time in about 5 hours.
- Adjusts to increase coverage area: Up to 16 Infrared Transmitter/Receiver units can be connected to expand the area of infrared communication coverage using a distributor.
- System control using a customized PC or console(customized): Dedicated software may be used to control the system from a PC or console to perform tasks such as recording, allowing speech mode as well as other operations.
- The Chairman unit features a priority speech key for overriding Delegate units when speaking.
- Input such as audio from a wired microphone or sound source equipment can be output and monitored from the Chairman/Delegate unitsí speakers.
- Outstanding features that facilitate conference management requirements
- "Speaker restriction function" prevents interruptions: The number of conference units can be preset for the authorized number of speakers at a time. One, two or four persons can be allowed to talk at any one time to prevent the confusion that could result from several participants all speaking at once.
- "Speech system selection function" sets speech: When Talk keys on the conference units are activated
exceeding the set number of authorized speakers, microphone ON/OFF operation can be set to any of the following; first-in-first-out, last-in-first-out, or last-in-first-out after 2nd unit (the microphone stays ON for the unit whose Talk key was first pressed).
- "Auto Mic-Off function" prevents inadvertently leaving the microphone on With this function ON, the microphone will automatically switch itself off after a 30 second period of silence after the Talk key was pressed.
- "Installation status checkup function" for at-a-glance confirmation of communicable: If activated on the Central unit, the microphone indicators on the Chairman/Delegate units light up.
- Supports up to (64) TS-801 Chairperson and TS-802 Delegate Stations
- Four ports for model TS-905 infrared transceivers
- Aux and Mic inputs, PA/Record output, Headphone output
- Optional rack-mount kit, model MB-TS900 (4U)
- Five year manufacturers warranty