This adapter will let you connect standard USB equipment to your Nokia N800 Internet Tablet; it should also work with other devices that implement USB OTG using a mini USB connector such as the OpenMoko Freerunner and BeagleBoard. When the adapter is plugged in the device will automatically switch into "USB Host mode", and when it's removed the device will revert to "USB client mode".
This unit builds on the success and lessons learned from the original N800 OTG adapter by providing the same functionality in a more compact and robust form factor. The adapter can be twisted, turned, or contorted in any direction to best suit the needs of the application, whether it be keeping a thumb drive or device tucked in out of sight behind the tablet, or simply allowing a network adapter to sit flushly on the surface of a table while using the kickstand. The pivoting hinge is designed to allow a full 360 degrees of motion on both axis, and has a "racheting action" to allow it to sit comfortably at various angles. Unlike the original product these adapters have the OTG functionality built into them internally during the manufacturing process, so you won't see any signs of external modification.
Requires OS 2008 or higher in order to work
Please see the ITT N800 Host Mode Wiki for more information on supported USB devices and compatibility
- Mini USB B OTG connector for Nokia N800 (technically it's a Mini A)
- Female A USB connector for standard USB devices
- Compact size makes it easy to carry, pivot eliminates the need for short USB "patch" cables.
- Full 360 degree dual axis pivot for full range of angles including "fold-back" behind the tablet positioning.
- Adapter is designed so that standard USB devices are "up" when folded behind the tablet (the bottom side of your USB device sits against the back of the tablet).
- When using the newer Nokia N810 this adapter along with a Motorola Micro USB to Mini USB B Adapter are required.
The OTG Pivot allows you to sit your network adapters and other USB devices comfortably on any counter or tabletop while leaning the tablet on the kickstand; no extra cables or added strain on the connector to worry about!
The OTG Pivot also lets you position usb devices such as thumb drives or even small hubs directly in behind the tablet, while only adding an extra inch to the overall length of the device.