Refurbished equipment has been brought up to the equal specifications of a new piece of equipment. It has been cleaned, examined for damage, and tested to ensure proper operation.
Here are several things that would happen when refurbishing a telephone:
- New buttons, line and headset cords
- If any of the inner components are damaged they get replaced
- Likewise for the outer casing; It would get repainted if necessary
- The entire unit gets a complete cleaning
- Be thoroughly tested to ensure proper operation
There is a limited one year warranty on both new and refurbished telephone equipment. Buying refurbished is more economical than buying new, and when looking for discontinued items often the only option is to buy refurbished.